Sunday, March 8, 2009

getting my fill of flowers

So after I made a big deal about not feeling obligated to write about fashion, I'm going to write about some accessories. Anyway, Saturday here (in Maine) actually felt like spring. I'm not silly enough to get fooled into thinking that it's actually here, but it was so warm and we went for such a nice walk and for a second I saw past the dirty snowbanks to the seasons that make the rest of the time in Maine worth it. And then I went into Stiletto, a sweet little store in the Old Port, and found these:


LOVE. I need them immediately. When I showed them to Ben online tonight, he even said, "You should just order them." Let's be honest, I appreciate an enabler. And also, they remind me of a long-lost, unrequited love circa 2005. Behold:

Now, this isn't the exact model I lusted after (I wasn't crazy about the bamboo handles), but I love the print. A lot. And not only was it not in the budget back then (or now, if I could even find it anywhere to purchase), but I was forced to have it paraded in front of me on the arm of someone who, back then, caused me much pain...

Let's set the scene: It's 2005, Boston Red Sox Spring Training in Fort Myers, Florida. We're waiting to watch the players exit the locker room post-game (a little dorky). I was waiting for one in particular... I would post a pic, but I'm still too angry.

Johnny Damon. Ugh!

Anyway, he finally exited the tunnel with his bleach blond wife, clad in True Religions, and holding on her tan arm... my Gucci bag.

It was depressing, to say the least. But now it's four (um... wow) years later and I'm going to buy these Jack Rogers sandals. Bye bye, winter blues!

No comments: